Welcome to the CPS PE and Sports Page.
On this page we will present a list of fixtures and tournaments throughout the year. We will send relevant letters for each event as it arises and then add details of results following an event.
Budget & Impact
Our PE budget is spent on the following:
- CPL - training for staff through the CCC partnership and other agencies. Examples include KS1 Fundamentals, KS1 Dance, Football coaching, Tag Rugby coaching & Gymnastics.
- Equipment for the development of PE teaching and 'beyond the classroom' provision.
- Professional coaching for the children, including Tennis, Tri-golf, Tag Rugby & Cricket.
- Development of 'Play Leaders' which encourages children to generate play ideas on the playground aiding physical and social activity.
- Transportation to events.
- Tournaments organised by the CCC partnership.
Impact can be measured in a range of ways:
- Development of social skills through working a wider range of with children.
- Physical well being through extended periods of activity.
- Opportunities to all students to partake.
- Development of pride in the school community through the opportunity to represent the school in tournaments.
- Communication skills through being team leaders.
- Confidence in delivering the curriculum successfully.
- Resilience - dealing with challenges.
- Decision making skills and evaluation skills
Click below to find out more information about how we use our Sport Funding Grant.