School Business Manager
Carterton Primary School is a caring and exciting school with supportive and committed staff. After our recent defederation we are now looking to build on our dedicated team currently within school.
We need an exceptional School Business Manager to join our team. You will provide strategic leadership and management for finance, human resources, information systems, administration, health and safety, property and facilities management, in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team.
Reporting to the Head Teacher:
- You will lead on the comprehensive management of the support services including ICT solutions; recommendation, planning, control and administration of the school finances; management and supervision of the site and site contract/contractors, including tendering and overseeing the work of contracts.
- Contribute to the effective deployment of whole school budget; provide advisory support services and assist in the development of the school's business plan and monitor and report on monthly budget updates to SLT and Governors.
- To work with a high degree of independence with LA and statutory regulations and policies.
- Be able to solve problems that arise by the identification and selection of solutions from a range of diversified established procedures and standards, utilising your experience.
- Have a broad authoritative knowledge and extensive practical experience of similar finance and/or office administration background with which to influence decisions and communicate to the Headteacher and the Governing Body.
- Be responsible for the line management of a team covering all administrative and premises duties.
Successful candidates will have:
- A strong financial/administrative management background, ideally within a school/educational setting.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational and problem solving skills, with an ability to work under pressure and prioritise accordingly.
- Experience of dealing with HR issues including payroll administration.
- Good skills in IT, MS Office package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher) and working knowledge of school management and procedures including SIMS and FMS.
- The ability to lead a team, line managing staff.
We can offer you:
- Membership of a team where you will provide strategic leadership and vision making a real contribution to school improvement.
- An active and supportive Governing Body.
- Guaranteed continuous professional development (CPD)
- A school committed to rapid and focussed improvement.
Visits to the school are welcome, by arrangement. Please contact Rachel Claridge, Deputy Headteacher, on 01993 842502.
If you would like to join our friendly, supportive team, please submit an OCC application form including a statement to support your application within the “relevant skills and experience” section. Please send all applications to the school office FAO Rachel Claridge - firstname.lastname@example.org
This is 52-week position with a minimum of 29 days holiday per year (dependent on length of service within a Local Authority). There is the possibility of taking some of these during term time subject to agreement by the Head Teacher and the Governing Body.
Closing Date: 12 Noon, Wednesday 24th July 2019
Interviews: Provisional date- Friday 26th July 2019
Job Start Date: September 2019
Contract/Hours: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary Details: Grade 10 (£30,507 to £32,878)
Hours of work: 37 per week (52 weeks per year) - Days and times are flexible.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All users are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed.