Our Vision and Values
Our School Vision
Carterton Primary School aims to:
Develop children who are:
- Caring and considerate towards all others.
- Proud of their achievements in whatever form they take.
- Safe at school and know how to stay safe outside of school.
Develop learners who learn with:
- Creativity in their individual approach
- Perseverance when facing challenges and acquiring new knowledge.
- Skills they can use in everyday life and across subjects.
Carterton Primary School provides a:
- Curriculum that is stimulating, broad, balanced and creative
- Positive, caring and safe atmosphere and environment
- Supportive approach to promote physical and mental wellbeing.
At Carterton Primary School we have embedded the values from Commando Joes, the Character Led programme we follow. We celebrate these values with parents and carers in our weekly Gold Award Assemblies. Children receive house points for displaying these values around school. Staff consider the values when planning our curriculum in our Learning Journeys.
British Values are planned for within our PSHE Curriculum but also threaded through opportunities for phases throughout the year.
What makes us special?