Our Vision and Values
Carterton Primary School aims to:
Create confident learners.
Provide opportunities so children fulfil their potential.
Support each individual to be ready for the next stage of their life.
To achieve this, we will:
• Provide a caring and safe atmosphere and ethos.
• Plan an engaging and positive environment for learning.
• Offer a curriculum that is stimulating, broad, balanced and creative.
• Embed key life skills as part of our everyday learning.
• Develop understanding of and respect for our own and others’ values, languages and cultural traditions.
• Help all individuals to acquire both skills and knowledge.
• Promote physical, emotional and mental wellbeing through an understanding of healthy lifestyles.
• Encourage positive parental and community involvement.
• Celebrate achievement in its many forms.
At Carterton Primary School we consider a new value each term. There are 6 values covered over the year and we take a term to consider each one. These values are considered during assembly times and through our delivery of PSHE and within other subjects, when appropriate. Staff and children refer to them in daily exchanges and you can see reference to them in classroom displays, as well as other displays around the school.
They are fundamental to our ethos and in making CPS a Caring, Proud and Successful school!
To find out more please click on the link to our webpage below...
What makes us special?